CHENNAI, India – Power cuts will affect parts of Chennai on Monday, from 9am to 2pm. The affected areas include:
- Tambaram: Pallavaram, Kadapperi, Perumbakkam, Pammal, Rajakilpakkam, Perungalathur, Puduthangal
- Tondiarpet: Melur, Minjur, Theradi street, BDO office, Seemavaram, Pudhupedu, Nandhiambakkam, Vallur, Athipattu, G R Palayam, Karayanmedu
- Porur: Kovur, SRMC
- KK Nagar: All areas fed from PT Rajan salai, Virugambakkam, Arumbakkam, Ramasamy salai, Alwarthiru Nagar substations
- IT Corridor: Thoraipakkam
The power cuts are being carried out for maintenance work on the power grid. Tangedco, has said that power supply will be restored as soon as possible.
In the meantime, residents are advised to take steps to conserve power and they should also be prepared for the possibility of power outages.
Tambaram: Pallavaram – Bajanai koil street, Rajaji nagar, Dharga road, Kamaraj nagar, Renuga nagar; Kadapperi – RB road, Anna salai, Manickam nagar; Perumbakkam -Kailash nagar, Nookampalayam main road, Global Hospital; Pammal – Thiru nagar, Ganamani nagar, PCS colony, Pasumpon nagar, Sekizhar street, Ragavendra nagar main road; Rajakilpakkam – Maruthi nagar, Thirumurthi nagar, Karpagam avenue; Perungalathur – Kalainger Nedunchalai 1 to 7th street, Amman Koil street, Manimegalai street; Puduthangal – Amal nagar, Kannadapalayam, Indra nagar, RK nagar and Maduravoyal service road.
Tondiarpet: Melur – Minjur, Theradi street, BDO office, Seemavaram, Pudhupedu, Nandhiambakkam, Vallur, Athipattu, G R Palayam and Karayanmedu.
Porur: Kovur – Entire Kumaran nagar, Arumugam nagar, Melma nagar, Irandam Kattalai; SRMC – Iyyappanthangal main road and RR nagar.
KK Nagar: All areas fed from PT Rajan salai, Virugambakkam, Arumbakkam, Ramasamy salai, Alwarthiru Nagar substations.
IT Corrdior: Thoraipakkam – CTS Company backside, Chandrasekar avenue and Thiruvalluvar nagar.
Power supply will resume before 2 pm if the works are completed earlier than anticipated, said Tangedco.
- power cuts in Chennai
- power outage in Chennai
- maintenance work on the power grid
- conserve power
- prepare for power outages